Change video card (Acer Aspire T310)

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by subterraneanalien, Dec 30, 2008.

1. subterraneanalien

subterraneanalien Private E-2

Hello,

I have a 4yr old Acer Aspire T310 desktop and the monitor recently displays only a blank screen although all powers are on. I called Acer and they told me it's a video card problem but this model is obsolete so they cannot help me at all change the video card. I'd like to ask if it is still possible to find the video card somewhere (and what are its specifications) or is it time to give up on the desktop? Everything's fine except the video card, but I need to access files in the comp asap.

Thanks for the help in advance.

2. deezeejoey

deezeejoey Private E-2

Desktops are very easy to change the video card.

You first need to find out if your computer uses a AGP or PCI (or even maybe PCI-E, but with a 4 year old computer i don't think thats the case) type card (this is the slot form that the video card connects to)
    After you find that out it's only a matter of getting a new card, and swapping out the old one.

3. OLIVER_TECHMASTER

OLIVER_TECHMASTER Private E-2

Your video card is AGP, just to let you know;)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds