different blue screens of death, don't know whats wrong

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by acidrunner, Dec 30, 2008.

1. acidrunner

acidrunner Private E-2

Hey guys,
    A couple of weeks ago my computer started crashing with the BSDs, and they've been getting more frequent. The error codes range from 0x000000F4, 0x0000007A, d0000144 and maybe a few others that I don't remember. When I got the first message I was installing some graphics app from stumbleupon (can't find it again). I didn't make any hardware changes to the machine at all.
    Right before the BSD the machine usually slows down like its thinking a lot...

I reformatted the drive and reinstalled windows, (got a BSD a couple of times during the install, but the last time windows installed without one).
    I ran memcheck and WD diagnostics on the hard drive, both without any errors.
    At this point I'm thinking its the motherboard, but I can't think of why it would burn all of a sudden...

Any advice?

Windows XP Pro SP2
    HP Pavillion 7560n
    Athlon 64 X2 (W) 4200+ 2.2 GHz
    GeForce 6150 LE chipset
    Asus A8M2N-LA mobo
    WD 3200JS hard drive
    Nvidea GeForce 8400 GS

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds