Sony Vaio Laptop keeps restarting?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by CelestialPRO, Dec 30, 2008.

1. CelestialPRO

CelestialPRO Private E-2

Sup guys. I have this Laptop I’m trying to fix and it starts-up and then it goes to the screen where it lets you choose last know good configuration. I'll click on last know working configuration and it shows the standard windows loading up screen then a blue screens comes on for a millisecond and it restarts. Do you guys think this is the blue screen of death and is there anything I could do to recover the data on the drive? I had other laptops I've been able to remove the hard drive from by just unscrewing a certain section, but this 1 you have to unscrew the whole bottom off and remove it and I really don't want to do that. Any suggestions?

thanks,

2. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

The blue screen that flashes for a millisecond has important information on it. You need to press F8 repeatedly right after you turn on the PC. This will bring up the "Advanced Boot Options" menu. Select "Disable automatic restart after system failure" from this menu, then boot up as usual. When the blue screen error pops up again, it will stop at this error screen so you can write down the error number (they look like 0x0000007F) and any file names listed, and any error message listed (a common message is UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME). Once you have written down all the important info from the blue screen error (also called "BSOD" for Blue Screen Of Death), post it here and we'll do our best to help.

:drink Happy New Year! :dancer :wine

3. CelestialPRO

CelestialPRO Private E-2

Here's the error message I'm getting. I took a picture of it..

Attached Files:

4. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds