STOP error

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Tonyrush, Dec 31, 2008.

1. Tonyrush

Tonyrush Corporal

I have dell pc's and ibm net vista machines. My hard drives will all work fine in my dell machines, but in my IBM netvista machines I've been getting a long STOP code that reads " STOP: 0x0000007b(0xf741b84c, 0xc0000034,0x00000000,0x00000000 inacessable_boot_device "

I can put the same hard drive in any of my dell machines and it boots into windows 2000 just perfect. What causes STOP messages? :confused Thanks for reading.

2. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

When you have WindowsXP or 2000 set up on a hard drive on one PC, it will not work when the hard drive is moved in to a different PC with different hardware. Windows has a way of "bonding" to the hardware in the PC where it was initially installed. If all the hardware is suddenly totally different, all the core level drivers will not work with the new parts and Windows will crash.

3. Tonyrush

Tonyrush Corporal

So if I load the o/s with another IBM pc of the same type and hardware, then it should work. correct?

4. Mimsy

Mimsy Superior Imperial Queen of the MG Games Forum

I personally find this website invaluable for decoding and troubleshooting stop messages. If you do a page search for 7B you'll find a short section explaining what it typically means and what most often causes that error. From there, solving the problem will become easier--you'll know what's causing it.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds