Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by rmaddtx, Dec 31, 2008.

1. rmaddtx

rmaddtx Private E-2

Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage

Most likely causes:
    You are not connected to the Internet.
    The website is encountering problems.
    There might be a typing error in the address.

This problem is not only a IE problem, I have had the same messages and problems with FireFox 3, and Opera. I hope there is someone out there smart enough to figure this out. It is beyond me. I have sent the problem to Kim Komando and she won't tackle the problem either. If any one has the answer, please post it or send it. Thanks

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

HI

Which Windows version and Service Pack are you using?
    Which version of IE?

Options are.

1. Check with ISP if your internet is actually working, use another PC or try a non-browser application like run Windows Update or MSN Messenger to see if they connect to the net.

2. Check for malware.

3. If you have a software firewall then disable it to test if thats blocking your internet, if you ever had Norton on your PC and removed it then run the Norton Removal Tool as some components may still be left which can block connections.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds