WDS...cant find second router

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by stiched, Jan 1, 2009.

1. stiched

stiched Private First Class

hi all

i am trying to set up WDS link between my 2 wireless routers, been at it for days now

Router O2 is connected to the internet downstairs, DHCP enabled
    2nd floor i have a 3com router,DHCP disabled

both SSID's the are same
    both WEP keys are the same
    both have WDS enabled working on channel 6

i have actually managed to find each of the routers on the using the WDS Search functions in the router setup pages. and have added/checkedmac addresses are correct and enabled WDS to work for eachother.

however it still does not work... so i thought id ask the geeks as ive already done so much research!

thanks and please any help will be appreciated :)

2. buggabear

buggabear MajorGeek

add second router behind another I found this post from someone who got both his routers to work, I think this is what you are looking for if not post back and someone else may have your answer.

3. stiched

stiched Private First Class

similar set up but i want to connect both the routers wirelessly, using Wireless Distribution System (WDS)

however im having trouble getting the 2 routers to talk. when im connected to one router i cant ping the other. therefore i assume the WDS link is not working propperly??
    this also means that if im connected to the router that is not connected to the internet, then i cannot access the internet because the wireless link between the 2 routers is not working

any ideas anyone?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds