Reformat fix my problem?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by mirack, Jan 1, 2009.

1. mirack

mirack Private E-2

I was going to reformat pc shortly and I now have an error stating "No Audio Output Device Installed" I have tried ever solution I could find to this problem, drivers and what not I wonder if I reformat will that solve it?

2. pclover

pclover MajorGeek

It depends on if windows has the driver for the sound card. Are you using a custom build pc or a oem? Have you tried to reinstall the driver? If you are using a OEM such as hp, dell etc tell us the model so we can help you out.

3. jlphlp

jlphlp Master Sergeant

Hi Mirak,

Before you do anything go to System Manager and uninstall the Audio Driver. Windows has the driver stored away and will reinstall in when you reboot. Usually gets it going again. If not you are still needing to find the driver. Same for most devices.

Good Luck,
    Jim

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds