Asus a8m2n-la drivers

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by dededoc, Jan 1, 2009.

1. dededoc

dededoc Private E-2

My HP Pavillion SR2010NX crashed and not having anymore the restore disks from HP, I have purchase and install Windows XP Pro. Well of course I now need to install numerous drivers to have everything back in working order... Went to HP Website and did search under item name and 6 XP drivers available. Called HP Support and they informed me that they do not support OS upgrades and there are no drivers available for XP Pro. Ok... so I went to ASUSTek... Searched my MOBO Serial Number on the forum (see question title) and was told this motherboard is special for Hp and not supported by Asus. Went to NVIDIA (the chipset) and downloaded a couple more compatible drivers... Now I am left with no sound, no modem (not vital) and no working network card (even though the adapter shows up as OK in device manager) The device manager lists 1 item under "OTHER DEVICES" in yellow PCI DEVICE.
    So, I am searching all over the net for drivers for the sound and network and hopefully this will remove this PCI device in Yellow.
    Thanks in advance for your advice.

2. sach2

sach2 Major Geek Extraordinaire

I'm not a hardware expert but I see no reason why an XP driver from HP would not work fine with XP Pro. I would download the audio, modem and LAN drivers from HP website.

I'm sure you will be fine. If you want to be careful create a System Restore point before installing the drivers.

This is the list of drivers you referred to in your post?

3. dededoc

dededoc Private E-2

I already have installed all the drivers listed on HP site. After the installation of XP Pro, I had 6 yellow marks in the device manager, the installation of the HP drivers has resolved 5 yellow icons but my network card and sound does not work and I still have a yellow icons PCI device.

4. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

I can find nothing for an HP Pavilion with the model SR2010NX. Are you sure you do not have a Compaq Presario SR2010NX?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds