Network Adapter Missing

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by bwayne, Jan 1, 2009.

1. bwayne

bwayne Private E-2

I am having trouble getting my ethernet connection to work. My LAN connection is not showing under Network Adapters in the Device Manager. I have tried installing the drivers for the LAN Connection to no avail. I know I have the right driver for the ECS M180D motherboard.

The network adapter list doesn't even show unless you check "Show Hidden Devices" and then there is a Network Connection listed, but its the Packet Scheduler Miniport.

I have tried the "Add Hardware" but it doesn't find anything, and when I try to add it manually and install the driver, it gives me an error, "Code 10". There are no drivers uninstalled in my device manager, nothing with a questions mark or exlamation point.

Lastly, the only few odd things that happened before this stopped working was I had to replace the battery and the power supply. The computer would just randomly turn off, and I eventually had to replace the ps.

Thanks,

Wayne

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi Wayne

Try going into your BIOS (key to press to enter will show up at boot for a few seconds so be ready to press) and check that onboard LAN has not been disabled, if it is enable it and save and exit the BIOS.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds