dvd burner

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by slydon, Jan 2, 2009.

1. slydon

slydon Private First Class

My wife's computer with xp has a dvd burner in it. She can burn items to it and keep adding as long as she wants, but if she removes the dvd to do something else and then puts it back in it won't let her add anything else to it. Is that normal or is there a way around this?

Don

2. Petaluma

Petaluma First Sergeant

I believe what you are referring to is burning a multi session disc. Once you remove the dvd from the burner it closes that particular disc.Or just leaves it unreadable (In a general sense it forgot what it was doing once it was removed) just make sure to finalize your disc before removing.(you cannot add files after the cd is finalized)
    or
    you could use a usb thumbdrive to hold all you files in the order you want them then when ready just burn them to a disc..

justanideaortwo

3. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

What she should do when she starts to burn make sure the settings are : Close the session and Leave the DVD open.
    Closing the session means that the DVD can be read anywhere. Leaving the DVD open means that she can continue to have burning sessions until the DVD is full.
    I always burn data CDs and DVDs this way. I can take a CD that was burned several years earlier and if it has room, add more data files to it.

4. slydon

slydon Private First Class

Thanks guys. I couldn't get back sooner to thank you because my comp screwed up!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cry. thanks now tho.

Don

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds