retreive video files

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by island girl, Jan 2, 2009.

1. island girl

island girl Private E-2

Hi can any one help me get back some video files that i deleted by mistake!! I have a sony digital video camera...put the mpeg clips on my computer ...deleted them off my camera...made home movies then deleted the clips off my computer! Now i want to save the clips to save incase something happens to the home movies but do not know how to retreive them...can anyone please help!

2. Petaluma

Petaluma First Sergeant

If you deleted them from the camera and the pc Hmmmm
    You could try this program called Recuva
    http://www.majorgeeks.com/download5514.html

I think the files will still be there as long as nothing has overwritten that space on the harddrive.

3. island girl

island girl Private E-2

Thanks for the quick reply!! I will give it a try!

4. island girl

island girl Private E-2

Help...I have been running this program for over an hour & it is only at 7% ..is this normal?

5. island girl

island girl Private E-2

Is there any other idaes out there on how to get the videos back?

6. pclover

pclover MajorGeek

It may take time to try and get the files back. You may want to try Recover My Files Its not free but I hard herd good about it.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds