135 fan failure

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Tonyrush, Jan 3, 2009.

1. Tonyrush

Tonyrush Corporal

I am working on yet another IBM Netvista, with WIN-2000 and during POST I get an error "135 fan failure" error. I have replaced the power supply, and the case fan is blowing well. There are no more fans that I know of. Any ideas? Thanks!
    Confused :confused

2. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

Have you checked the CPU fan? If the CPU fan is spinning OK, then it may be a faulty sensor on the motherboard, or the fan causing the error is plugged in to the wrong header on the motherboard. If the sensor for fan failure is checking a header without a fan plugged in to it, it will report a fan failure. Check the BIOS and disable any settings for "report fan failure" or look for the "halt on error..." section and take the "fan failure" setting out or disable it if it's there. Other than that and checking where the fans are plugged in to the mobo, I don't know if there's a lot you can do about it....

3. Tonyrush

Tonyrush Corporal

I got it solved. Thanks. There was only one fan on the system, so I turned off the second in BIOS and now everythings good. again thanks for the input.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds