which nero do i install

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by bakfromdagrave, Jan 3, 2009.

1. bakfromdagrave

bakfromdagrave Private E-2

hello all:wave i currently have nero 8 and was reading up on the latest nero 9,and now i am a bit confused as to which one i should have,i automatically thought n9 would be the option but there were posts saying 8 and 9 are full of viruses and that 7 is the less problematic,cant say ive had any real probs with 8,though i only really use it to burn dvds and cds,shuold i stick with wat i got or go back to 7 or go forward to 9,advise would be appreciated:confused

2. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

I see no reason to drop the version that you're accustomed to, just to install the newest version, esp. if v8 is working fine for your needs. I have been using Nero 6.6 for years and I love it. It does what I want, I'm used to the interface and I like everything about it. I have used Nero 7, 8, and 9, and I like 7 OK, but 8 and 9 are quite a bit different from v6, at least cosmetically, and I found them cumbersome. As to v8 and v9 being 'full of viruses', that's entirely untrue; there has been talk that the newer versions of Nero are unnecessarily bloated and buggy. I haven't experienced any bugs with any versions of Nero, but I haven't spent too much time using v8 or v9. Since you don't seem to be using any of the advanced features in Nero, I recommend sticking with what you know and what you like. Just for kicks, try using AShampoo Burning Studio 6. It's totally free and does a great job with burning just about anything, even BluRay! You don't need to uninstall Nero to try AShampoo, they can be installed on the same computer w/o any issues.

3. bakfromdagrave

bakfromdagrave Private E-2

cheers neighbour,gotta correct myself wasnt actually viruses that were mentioned in 8 an 9 it was probs with them,but anyway i will stick with n8 and will check out ashampoo as you suggested,thanks again for reply

4. Goran.P

Goran.P MajorGeek

Nero 9 is dissaster.For installing you will need about 30 min.It's too much bloated.Stick with the 8.

5. sexyandy81

sexyandy81 MajorGeek

I have been using nero v9 for about a year and I have had no problems with it. It does everything i need it to do. Especially I have got a multi region writer drive in my tower.

Nero 9 is a good program to use and reletively easy aswell all step by step instructions

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds