Intergrated 6100 underclocking...

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by cadar21, Jan 4, 2009.

1. cadar21

cadar21 Private E-2

How can i underclock a 6100 128mb graphics.....

First let me explain....I have the dreaded Gateway Gm5094E Desktop....
    It has the bad vid chip....as many of you know this chips goes bad 75% off all boards...
    Foxconn--- C51GU01
    C51G+MCP51-6A61HFK9C-00
    socket 939

And the PCI express slots dont work.....
    But thats not important....

Mine has a blue tint....I ran GPU-Z.0.2.6 to see what is the clock speed....
    Gpu Clk : 425 mhz Mem 0 mhz
    Dfault Clk : 425 mhz Mem 0 mhz

Zero mem is not good......I want to clock it to stock or something stable ad better...
    Do you guys have any ideas..???

2. thesmokingun

thesmokingun MajorGeek

have you tried riva tuner? not sure if you will solve this problem tho...

3. cadar21

cadar21 Private E-2

I tried to but its hard to understand....
    I was using ATI tool but got weird readings...576,,4500 mhz....
    And that you dont want,,,,
    Let me test it again and see if i can get Riva running right

4. cadar21

cadar21 Private E-2

Justfigured out how to use Riva ....It dosent work with my card...any other ideas....

5. cadar21

cadar21 Private E-2

6. thesmokingun

thesmokingun MajorGeek

7. cadar21

cadar21 Private E-2

Thanks smokingGun
    Im just going to leave a Pci 256 video card in it.. and not mess with it....
    I gave the system to my brother..
    with out a working Pciexpress port...the systems not worth it..for me...
    Thanks again...im going to download the software and use it on another system...

8. 103wgold

103wgold Private E-2

Yes sir, I will need the bios emailed to me. I flashed my bios with the wrong bios. I will have to remove the chip and use a programmer or hot flash using another motherboard. I am missing is the original bios. The wrong bios flashed in the chip is 611E3P04. This one is listed on the Gateway site (the two urls) and is not for the GM5094e or GM5084.
    The bios I need is not on the Gateway site. because??? It is the original GM5084(and only bios) bios and is also on the GM5094E and maybe others. I believe it is:
    Bios-ID: 3/30/2006- C51G+MCP51-6A61HFK9C-00-None
    Bios OEM: C51GU01 series 611E3P09 03/30/06 - 6.00 PG
    If you have this Cadar21, I could sure use it....~Thanks, Bill

Last edited: Aug 20, 2009
  9. 103wgold

103wgold Private E-2

I will post a way to get the bios file safely after I have studied this some....Gateway does not seem to help much with saving or backup a bios....No hurry...~Bill

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 21, 2009
  10. 103wgold

103wgold Private E-2

I am working on a bootable usb drive that will safely get the .bin file. I will have to test it on the motherbd I will use for hot flashing the bios...~Bill

11. 103wgold

103wgold Private E-2

Gateway recommends using WinPhlash. It has an option for saving the bios only(not flashing). It does not work on my IBM thinkpad, so I could not learn much. Have a good day~Bill

12. 103wgold

103wgold Private E-2

Good help setting up a bootable usb...just add awdflash and type awdflash /? for display help with options and switches. Awdflash will allow just saving a bios. at: http://www.biosflash.com/e/bios-boot-usb-stick.htm You may not have time for any of this, just ignore it....it doesn't matter ~Bill

13. cadar21

cadar21 Private E-2

Ok thats what i did...
    that winflash did not work.

I hope i uploaded the zip file right.....

Attached Files:

• Bios.zip
      File size:
      305.6 KB
      Views:
  14. 103wgold

103wgold Private E-2

Thank You ...I will play with this file....hex editor said............ 03/30/2006.. ..Gateway.GM5094E. . .C51G+MCP51. .WY3J62606724... ..611E3P09.BIN I may be able to change a few things in this file to match mine; Is WY3J62606724 a serial number?.... first I will flash my GM5084 and if it works and i have time try to change some things.....I will let you know if it works in my GM5084.....Thanks Again...~Bill

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds