a what to do question

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by sniperhunter, Jan 5, 2009.

1. sniperhunter

sniperhunter Private E-2

this is off topic, id put it in the "coffee lounge" or "general forums" but cant seem to find those, so ill go with the next best thing- Hardware :-D
    so here it is.

I know I like computers, I like building them (ive built a few now) I like to install things like operating systems.

you know those firework shows at Disney world? my dream job would be something that would likely be able to get me working on Disney fire work shows, or setting up the technical effects effects and stuff for concerts, plays, etc I know that these things have something to do with computers programing timers, when the firework goes off, etc..

Im looking at a technical degree/cert to get me in on the base level. so what would be best do yall think? Ive tried contacting folk who would be in that career but its been several months with no response..

(take a breather here :p)

and then, if my dreams come shattering down before me and im stuck looking at a "typical" baseline company position what would be good for that?

these are all my options. Higher education well probably take place later on down the road, once im on my own completely, etc.

NETWORKING EMPHASIS (CCNA/RHCE)

DPT-162 CISCO II: Router Theory
    DPT-163 CISCO III: Advanced Router Theory
    DPT-164 CISCO IV: Project- Based Learning
    DPT-171 Fundamentals Of UNIX/Linux I
    DPT-172 Fundamentals Of UNIX/Linux II
    DPT-280 Network Security
    NETWORKING EMPHASIS (MCSE/MCSA)
    DPT-275 Workstation Administration
    DPT-276 Server Administration
    DPT-277 Network Services Administration
    DPT-278 Enterprise Network Design
    DPT-279 Network Infrastructure Design
    DPT-280 Network Security
    DATABASE EMPHASIS (ORACLE/GIS)
    DPT-117 Database Management Software (Access)
    DPT-222 Database Management Systems (GIS/ORACLE)
    DPT-225 Database Administration I (ORACLE)
    or GIS-201 Intro to Geographic Information
    DPT-265 Database Programming I (ORACLE)
    or GIS-202 Cartographic Design for GIS
    DPT-255 Java Programming (ORACLE)
    or DPT-212 Visual Basic (GIS)
    DPT-256 Advanced Java Programming (ORACLE)
    or DPT-213 Advanced Visual Basic (GIS)
    PROGRAMMING EMPHASIS (COBOL/
    DPT-241 Introduction to RPG Programming
    DPT-242 Intermediate RPG Programming
    DPT-261 Cobol Programming
    DPT-262 Advanced Cobol Programming
    DPT-281 Systems Analysis & Design
    DPT-291 Case Study in Computer Science
    DPT-212 Visual Basic
    DPT-213 Advanced Visual Basic
    WEB DEVELOPER EMPHASIS (CIW
    DPT-207 Introduction to Web Development
    DPT-208 Intermediate Web Development
    DPT-255 JAVA Programming I
    DPT-256 JAVA Programming II
    DPT-212 Visual Basic
    DPT-213 Advanced Visual Basic

2. pclover

pclover MajorGeek

I am probably going to get cisco and red hat certified.

3. Bugballou

Bugballou MajorGeek

Don't put off higher education any longer than is necessary, next thing you know you will be wanting to retire and wondering what happened...sure you can pick up most knowledge on your own if you have the desire, but there is a lot of stock put in that piece of paper you get when you graduate. Pyrotechnics eh? :cool

4. KingSteve

KingSteve MajorGeek

im confused as usual... why are you taking networking and database programming classes if you want to pursue pyrotechnics?

5. mirack

mirack Private E-2

Maybe he wants to learn to programs the fireworks to go up Mickeys........... well you know. I think most pyro technic displayed are all done on a PC, perhaps you want to consider one of these options.

Just take the college money go to the Quikie Mart buy a tonna of fireowrks, and what nots and practice.

Or in a distant second, research what type requirements you would need to to shoot fireworks at kids at DiesneyWorld.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds