LaCie Ethernet Disk Mini - Home Edition Help!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by evil_queen_lisa, Jan 5, 2009.

1. evil_queen_lisa

evil_queen_lisa Private E-2

Hey all!

I got a LaCie Ethernet Disk Mini - Home Edition (http://www.lacie.com/ca/products/product.htm?pid=10994 ) for christmas, but I'm having some trouble setting it up. I am trying to set it up on my Wireless LAN. My internet is provided through my university, which is hooked up to my router. I have a netgear router that I have never had a problem with before. I followed the netgear-specific configuration instructions, so I don't think the problem is with the set up of my router.
    During the setup process you have to Register your disk, but every time I try I get a "Not Connected" message. My disk is, however, connected, as is my internet. I can't seem to get it to work, and I can't use my disk until it is set up properly. I believe it connects to the internet to register because it can be used as a server, however, I just want to have the storage available on my wireless.
    Any help anyone? I've attached a screenshot of the error.
    Thanks,
    *EQL*

Attached Files:

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds