emachines w3609 winVista no sound please help!!!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by eightyd209, Jan 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eightyd209

eightyd209 Private E-2

ok heres my problem not good at explaning but here goes bare with me i have an emachines w3609 with windows vista i am running everything the way it came shipped my sound was working the whole time i think when i went to do one of the windows downloads it just cut out on me i had a red x over the speaker in the bottom right corner and a rollover message of "NO AUDIO OUTPUT DEVICE INSTALLED" when i went to device manager it says high definiton audio device that it was working so i tried to update etc didnt work so i tried run in safe mode uninstall reinstall etc. didnt work and no theres not an exclamation point or nothing under device manager it says high definition audio device that its working but when i went to click on speakers and open volume mixer and all that isnt available its dimm and it says no audio output device so finnally after months of messing with it and searching i finally figured out to click "EMACHINES RECOVERY CENTER" under all programs under start clicked on hardware etc anyways it told me to download the new driver SigmaTel High Definition Audio Codec so i did loan be hold the speaker finally is green again windows media player isnt displaying no audio message that theres no audio driver but i still have no sound though my speakers work they are good for sure i know that i dont know what it could be i tried all the safe mode thing is there a cetain way to do it or something someone told me i have to have to have like something .dll file and put it in a certain spot or something i dont know please help thanks alot if your close im here in cali i got purps hit me up i would really appreciate it so much thanks alot folks

2. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

Please upload an Everest report as an attachment to a future post....
    (a different set of Everest instructions can be found here.)

In the meantime, download and install the chipset drivers; you can download them from this link. Restart the PC after installing. Then download and install the audio drivers from this link. Again, restart the PC when done.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2009
  3. eightyd209

eightyd209 Private E-2

hello and thanks its not letting me extract the file its stating unable to extract file from internet and its giving me two options none of them are working

4. eightyd209

eightyd209 Private E-2

yeah man that didnt work i think i already had the drivers cause it was asking me to overwrite i dont know what the hell it can be

5. eightyd209

eightyd209 Private E-2

nobody know what this could be huh

6. mirack

mirack Private E-2

Do exactly what DLB said to do! If it didnt work because you can't extrace files you have awhole new batch of problems.

7. eightyd209

eightyd209 Private E-2

so nobody knows huh is that the report you guys were looking for?
    thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds