HTPC Recommendations?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Litterbox, Jan 6, 2009.

1. Litterbox

Litterbox Private E-2

So, my old "I-built-this-out-of-dead-computers" HTPC died a while ago, and I'm looking to actually build one out of sparkly new parts. My problem is, I think I may be aiming too high, and probably wasting a lot of money trying to get this thing built...

My goal for this machine is this:

High Definition TV recording / playback. Minor gaming (Middle-end graphics and emulators. SNES, N64, Playstation, etc.)

The only things I'm sold on right now are my case, and my remote.

Thermaltake Black Aluminum VF7001BNS ATX Media Center for the case, and the Logitech Harmony 550. I /could/ go with the other ones. But I really like the look of the 550.

I'm at a complete loss for graphics card, processor, memory, motherboard, tv tuner, etc. Really, I'd appreciate ANY help. I'll be doing my homework on this in the mean time.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds