CPU Temp at 97-99c

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by mirack, Jan 7, 2009.

1. mirack

mirack Private E-2

I have no paste on my CPU, so my temp is kinda high, what I am wondering is if I switch to single processor will that help to drop the temp? I am going to get some paste tommorow, but got alot of work to do tonight, and need to run at least Word. I should add, every now and then the PC feezes and shuts down so I assume it the temp which is why I need a 14 hour fix for this.

I am going to try and clean the fan out see if that helps any other suggestions let me know.

2. augiedoggie

augiedoggie The Canadian Loon - LocoAugie (R.I.P. 2012)

AMD i guess? Gawd man, shut the thing down!:eek Well, if it hasn't blown yet... Good luck! Can you reduce the cycles?
    That may help. Man, spit on it!

3. mirack

mirack Private E-2

Cleaned theguts of the fan, on the grill right behind the fan essentially it was blanketed, gonna shut done in a few minutes and check it then but after reboot was at 67c let it run reset went as high as 76.

4. mirack

mirack Private E-2

Intel lmao, I got it down to 55c and using SpeedFan to monitor it, gonna know try to get the CPU running hard see what that does. I ran a CPU speed test got them both running at 100% peaked the temp at 74c. S i should be fine untl I get the paste on tommorow.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds