Error: Could Not Find Macromedia Flash?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by grdngrl, Jan 26, 2009.

1. grdngrl

grdngrl Private E-2

Hello-
    I need help here...the error message says just what I typed in the title, nothing more or less......
    The only thing I did recent was download a screensaver which I had no problems with at the time......
    I am a novice on repairs.:-o

2. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

Adobe owns flash since late 2006.
    To check what version you have installed go here
    http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/knowledgebase/index.cfm?id=tn_15507

If the screensaver is popping up that message, it could be that the screensaver depends on an old version of Macromedia flash and will not run on something newer. I've had that happen with a screensaver.

3. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

plodr is right on target. You probably had an older version of Flash Player when the screensaver first was installed, but it probably was updated unbeknownst to you causing the issue you now have. I'm not really sure there's a fix. Maybe you can track down an older (pre-Adobe) Flash Player and replace the current one with the older one. Or contact the screensaver publisher and see if they have a fix for you.....

4. grdngrl

grdngrl Private E-2

Thanks...when I changed screensaver it didn't happen. I'll probably just not use that screensaver anymore. That is the easiest choice for now. I'll try the other option if it persists.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds