Trying to upgrade Java...Error 2753 Regutils.dll

Discussion in 'Software' started by Marky_Mark896, Feb 18, 2009.

1. Marky_Mark896

Marky_Mark896 Private E-2

Hi, I ran the Java Removal Tool and it said it removed all my old java versions, but version 6.7 and 6.11 are still listed in the program lists when I go to add/remove programs. I try to remove them there and they give me the "Internal Error: 2753 Regutils.dll". If I try to install a new version I get the same error. Anyone have any ideas for me? I'm lost on this one.

Thanks,
    Mark

2. Lev

Lev MajorGeek

3. Marky_Mark896

Thanks Lev. I was able to get Java uninstalled and reinstalled without my original error. I am though, still having ie7 problems. Browser Redirects don't seem to be working, and I get weird errors such as, when I hit ctrl+F I get an Internet Explorer Script Error window pops up. Then I can't do anything else until I close ie7. Also, on msn.com, there are no + symbols in the columns to expand them out to see all the news headlines. Just weird stuff like that. Any idea what I can do next?

Thanks,
    Mark

4. sikvik

sikvik Corporal Karma

Hey Mark, since the Java tool did not work - which utility worked for you. Was it *Revo* or Win Install.... utility as advised by Lev. Would be helpful to know.. Cheers....

5. Marky_Mark896

Revo uninstaller worked for me. I got the other two versions (6.7 and 6.11) off, and installed 6.12 successfully. I am still having problems with script files on every website with ie7. I uninstalled ie7 with %windir%\ie7\spuninst\spuninst.exe, and reverted back to ie6. I do not have the problems with ie6. Any clue what may be the issue with ie7? I tried reinstalling it, but had the same issues. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Mark

6. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

7. Marky_Mark896

Unfortunately that's all the info that the script error window has in it. There is no error code anywhere. It only happens in ie7. ie6 works fine.

8. DavidGP

Hi

If you do attempt installing IE7 again try the info in the KB I posted.

9. Marky_Mark896

Hi Halo,

I reinstalled ie7, and same problem occurred. An Internet Explorer Script Error Pop up window came up, with no other data in it except as described above. I worked my way through the KB you posted. The only thing that worked a bit was clearing the "Disable script debugging" checkbox in Internet Options as described in the KB. All other steps were completely unsuccessful. With those checkboxes cleared, I do get an error code of sorts. Everytime I hit Ctrl+F I get an error "A runtime error has occurred. Do you wish to debug?" "Line 15 Error: Object Expected" After I click either yes or no, the Find window pops up. When I go to close the find window I get the same error window. Does that help you any?

Thanks,
    Mark

10. Marky_Mark896

I just noticed, on the problem machine, in internet options, there is no Java option in the "advanced" tab. My machine has a java option between "international" and "multimedia". How can I get that on the other machine?

Thanks,
    Mark

11. DavidGP

Best guess is download the online java here http://www.java.com/en/download/index.jsp

12. Marky_Mark896

Hi Halo,

I got Java installed correctly from that site. The problem I'm having now is that I'm getting script errors in ie7 that don't have any info in the script error boxes. All the places where there should be more info like "line:" and "URL:" etc... are blank. If I go to Internet Options and click Disable script debugging, I get an error that has Line:15 Object Expected. I have Java 6.12 installed and ie7. The one thing I do notice is that Java is not on the internet options "advanced" list. I don't know how to get it there.

13. Marky_Mark896

Update: I uninstalled and reinstalled Java 6.12. I now have the Java checkbox in Internet Options. I verified my Java install was correct on their website. I am still getting script errors that have no info in the error pop up box. If I check the "display a notification about every script error" box in Internet Options, IE7 locks up with the script error popup never going away as soon as I start IE7.

14. Marky_Mark896

well, I gave up on my current issues, and re-restored the acronis image to the new hard drive. Evidently I did something to cause my script error pop up problem, because the new image doesn't have that issue. I still cannot upgrade to the latest version of Java. I get the error: regutils.dll again. I am wondering if you think the next step I should take would be to use revo uninstaller to uninstall all the previous javas and retry to install 6.12.

15. DavidGP

Hi Marky

Ah ok, as you have an error upgrading or installing Java, maybe worth asking you what security applications do you have installed and if you have Spybot S&D then disable it as it can stop many applications from properly installing as it blocks installation files to the likes of the registry.

JavaRa is a great application to remove all old Java versions and give you a clean base for installing the new updated version (I had many troubles with version build 11 or java so make sure your are on build 12, which you are trying)

16. Marky_Mark896

Hi Halo

Thanks for your help. I actually got it fixed. After I started over and restored the image of the disk, I used what I had learned from you guys and started by removing the old java's using revo uninstaller. Then I was able to successfully reinstall java 6.12. After that, all the internet explorer problems went away. I am having a problem right now though with Free Easy Burner. I get a "Runtime Error: 429 ActiveX can't create object." Everything I've searched says this is an MS Office problem. I don't know how Free Easy Burner could have anything to do with MS Office. Any ideas?

Thanks,
    Mark

17. Marky_Mark896

Hi Halo, I got everything fixed on this computer finally. I wanted to thank you and everyone else who helped me in this and my other thread. I learned a lot on this computer with you guys help.

Mark

18. webdude

webdude Private E-2

19. dennisk1718

dennisk1718 Private E-2

Boy have I messed up...
    I am getting the dreaded 2753 error on installing Java 1.6.0_22. The Add/Remove Programs are stuck on an entry for 1.6.0_18. When I try to Remove it, I get an "Internal Error 2753: Regutils.dll"
    Curiously enough that error is reported in a pop-up with a Label for 1.6.0._16 Installation error.

So I guess the base of the error was somehintg with that install.

I have tried JavaRa and FixError, etc.
    The entry in the Add/Remove Programs will not go away.
    When I try to add in a new Java, i get an "Install fails" with a 2753 Error and the Install stops.

This is on Windows XP

Any ideas?

Thanks much

20. pwillener

pwillener MajorGeek

21. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

dennisk1718, welcome.
    Please go here http://forums.majorgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21
    and click the new thread button near the top left.
    The Major likes everyone to have his/her own thread for a problem.
    Paste your post above in a fresh new thread that belongs to you.

Also, you mention you are running XP. Please include what service packs, if any, are installed.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds