another casthode

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by kahless, Jul 2, 2003.

1. kahless

kahless Ranger Ru Paul

I want to add another cathode to my machine but i was wondering i run two blue cathodes on the bottom and if i put one on the top can i place it on the under sid of the psu?

2. kahless

kahless Ranger Ru Paul

the one i want to place would be a cold cathode but it would strech from psu to cd rom, i was kinda concerned about whether or not voltage could be carried from one to the other making all kinda bad sh*t happen.

3. Joe

Joe =CENSORED=

Cold cathode tube, is basically an electron discharge tube, it operates at an extremely high voltage from a cuple thousand to well over a million, depending on what effact you want, but have an extremely small current. Theres a halogen gas in the tube which acts as the quencing agent. Because of the avalanch effect, an extremely small current can become a large current quiet quickly. Electricity can jump from one point to another.

All the above said, they are usually well insulted, glass is a good insulator, and you should be safe. Personally i wouldn't put the thinks near a PSU. but its up to you

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds