Can't set correct resolution on new monitor

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by papak, Mar 21, 2009.

1. papak

papak Private E-2

I have inherited my wife's 20" Envision monitor (Model E218c1). The manual says that it can display up to 1680x1050 @ 60hz. It worked great as an external monitor on her little Dell laptop. Now that I have hooked it up to my desktop, I can't get the resolution higher than 1400x1050 @ 60hz. The screen display is larger than the monitor and I have to scroll at the edges to see everything. HELP!

TIA

2. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

http://208.109.129.152/products.asp?EPage=products&SMenu=e218c1
    Here's a link to the Envision support page for your monitor. Over on the right, you'll see download links for both a manual and a driver.... perhaps one (or both) of those will be helpful....

Good luck!

(updating your video card drivers might help too! ;) )

3. papak

papak Private E-2

Thanks. I updated the video driver and downloaded the latest monitor driver. Still no luck. I'll give them a call on Monday.

4. Borsung

Borsung Corporal

Im not sure i understand, how is it bigger at a smaller resolution? im assuming this is a widescreen monitor? when you say you cant get it higher than that, is the max resolution under settings show the 1680x1050? or just the claimed 1400x1050?

5. papak

papak Private E-2

the max available is 1920x1440. I don't necessarily want it that high. I just want to be able to see all of the screen without having to scroll around to do it. I would also like the icons to be smaller and sharper.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds