Records to Puter'

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Gaterader, Mar 21, 2009.

1. Gaterader

Gaterader Private E-2

Alright kids'

Here's a question of possible deep pondering and technical expertise, I want to hook up a phonograph deck to my computer and download the songs directly onto my computer. I thoght I could do it with Ulead 8, but I can't figure it out, I can't do it with Nero, I need either some sort of hardware or software vehicle out of my deck and into my program, any ideas??:

2. Goran.P

Goran.P MajorGeek

3. PapaDuke

PapaDuke Master Sergeant

If I got my 8 track player to work, I think you can get a phonograph to work as well. Use Audacity to record and have your phonograph's RCA jacks hooked up to a Mini-Stereo to RCA Adapter and plug it into your sound card's line in.

You can use Audacity like a tape recorder, just press the rec. button and start your record. When finished recording, you can use Audacity to clip the recording/s and save it to any type of music file you want.

Hope that helps!

4. jlphlp

jlphlp Master Sergeant

Hi,

The guys are correct. I do the same thing with a Stereo Player through a Pre-Amp with RIAA correction. If your player has the preamp built in it would work without the external preamp. Works great.

Good Luck,

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds