Not Connecting

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by rosway, Mar 22, 2009.

1. rosway

rosway Private E-2

Hi All,

I have a problem......nothing new there.

I have an Linksys ASDL2 Gateway to connect to the internet. I have wireless connectivity, but cannot connect my PC via ethernet.

The icon in the system tray shows the status as connected. When I go to my networks the high speed internet connection shows "connected". If I try to open IE I get "the page cannot be displayed etc, etc".

I have tried to connect to Skype an am unable to do this. I have changed ethernet cables and this has not helped.

Am I looking at a motherboard problem??:cry

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

Which Windows version you using?

Also if you have a software firewall installed disable it to test that its not blocking the new network connection, if disabling works then check in the Firewalls settings for an option to add this new wired network.

Some more troubleshooting steps to try http://support.microsoft.com/kb/926431

3. rosway

rosway Private E-2

Hi Halo,

Thanks for your reply. I am using Windows XP SP3.

I have check DM and have a number of conflicts

" Broadcom NetXtreme Gigabit Ethernet - Symantic Network Security Miniport"

Is this Norton causing the issue?

4. rosway

rosway Private E-2

Hi Halo,

I am a complete IDIOT. It was a driver issue. I am back online after re-installing the drivers.

Thank you for your help :-o

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds