printer and computer will not communicate

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Qbird, Mar 22, 2009.

1. Qbird

Qbird Private E-2

I can't get the computer ( Windows XP Home )to communicate with the printer. It is a Raven RP-2406 dot matrix. I have tried new drivers and different emulations. Any ideas?

2. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

3. >><<

>><< Private E-2

I have a problem too

I've installed printer LaseJEt 2200 but when I try to print there is an error

Out of paper

What you think

What's the problem

4. Qbird

Qbird Private E-2

The drivers are from the
    epson site for win xp.

5. Cat_w_9_lives

Cat_w_9_lives Major KittyCat

@Qbird, Epson RP-2406 is not listed as being included in XP and can't find it on Epson's site, your printer is outdated.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/293360

The Panisonic KX-P2023 is listed as being included in XP, you could try that driver.

@ >><< Welcome to MajorGeeks, most likely it's a hardware problem, your feeder is not registering the paper. Please start your own Thread and someone will help you.

How to start a thread: http://forums.majorgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=31333

6. Qbird

Qbird Private E-2

The rp-2406 emulates Epson 860. That is the xp driver I used. Shouldn't that work?

7. Cat_w_9_lives

Cat_w_9_lives Major KittyCat

To be honest I loath drivers but not working if not communicating.

Found two posts at driverguide that these worked for some on Raven RP 2406, both are loaded in XP so easy to test.

KXP2123 Driver or Epson LQ2500

If none of the above work out I will ask a Admin. to move your post to the Driver Forum where you'll get more knowledgeable assistance.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds