wierd audio

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Native, Mar 23, 2009.

1. Native

Native Private E-2

ok so i have this really wierd thing hgappenning on my audio that just started happening today.

any sound that goes into my microphone will play on my speakers even if there is no program to do so, even when the computer is booting up i can hear my voice from the speakers.

also any game i play when i turn on my microphone others playing with me will only hear whats going on on my desktop, so they will hear sound effect from the game or the music im listening to even if i'm wearing headphones.

i guess this could be seperate problems as the latter has been happening for a few days.

p.s. drivers maybe??

2. Native

Native Private E-2

it was drivers never mind

3. jlphlp

jlphlp Master Sergeant

Hi Native,

Some, maybe all, sound cards can be set up to accept microphone input and direct it to the speakers like a PA set. Reloading drivers would set everything bact to default and cure the problem. Next time check the Mixer and turn off that feature. I haven't had it happen for years so don't remember the exact settings.

Good Luck, Jim

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds