internet explorer pagess don't display properly

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by shef, Mar 24, 2009.

1. shef

shef Private E-2

I am having a problem with internet explorer. Web sites seem to open and display fine. However, when I click on a link within that page the screen that comes up does not display fully. Each of the top corners are not displaying properly. On the right side the page reducing, maximize and page close signs (the -, 0 and the X) are not displayed and on the right side the internet explorer sign is not there. It looks as though parts of the page that you are navigating away from are displayed in those areas. If you put the curser over the right side the maximize sign will appear but not the other signs but if you place the curser where the signs are suposed to be and click the function works properly meaning the page closes, minimizes or maximizes. Funny part is is that if I use the curser and "grab" the rt. side of the window or put the curser in the bottom rt corner where you "drag" the screen to make it larger and actually try to make the screen larger the screen immediately displays fully and properly.

I apologize if I am not explaining my problem well but it's a little hard to describe.

The only changes that I have made to the computer recently is getting rid of
    AVG and installing and using AVAST.

I have reset my internet explorer settings to their default settings with n improvement. Also be advised that I have Mozilla installed and have no problems with that browser.

Any ideas or suggestions

2. BlackPhoenix

BlackPhoenix Private First Class

have you tried whats known as a 'registry scan' mate?

i personally use registry mechanic - but im afraid you have to buy it for it to work fully, so you could maybe find a good freeware one? i will do some follow on research and post later tonight with hopefully a free one i can find, im currently at uni about to start a test. lol.

do you have much experience with the registry?

3. shef

shef Private E-2

No experience with the registry. I have always been afraid to mess with it.

4. BlackPhoenix

BlackPhoenix Private First Class

ahh, yeh mate i know the feeling its... scary.

hmm - ill do some searching in a few hours when i finish work, try to find a good auto app that'll manage it for you - and post the results in probably 6-7 hours, and hopefully that'll solve ya prob! :D

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds