Can't Browse after doing System Clean-up

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by isitsafe, Mar 24, 2009.

1. isitsafe

isitsafe Private E-2

I have very recently run the Windows XP cleaning procedure detailed on this site, along with all the advise provided in the preceding READ ME FIRST!!! section.

It looks like all is well with the PC again (thankyou!!!)...I'm able to update my windows, run the firewall and run McAfee. But, although connected to the internet, I cannot browse. I do clearly have a connection, i've done the necessary checks. The only thing that i believe is different is that my pc connection icon says my connection is firewalled. I've turned on and off both the windows firewall and the McAfee firewall but neither have allowed browsing.

I have a wireless connection running via the router in another part of the building...I've reset the router, also to no avail. Now I'm stuck - can anyone help? :cry

2. isitsafe

isitsafe Private E-2

So I ran Winsock and all is well again :)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds