Trying to prove my ISP wrong.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by adriskrayzee, Mar 25, 2009.

1. adriskrayzee

adriskrayzee Private E-2

So about a month ago, all of the sudden my upload speed is 56kbits instead of 128kbits. I call my ISP to see why this happened, and the person that answered the phone insisted that the upstream has never changed and that this is because I have the cheapest package.
    Hell I can remember uploading 15Kbytes/s, and now I cant even play Gunz Online because of the change.

So does my PC keep some logs about my download/upload activity so I could prove them wrong? I'm positive I was able to upload 128kbits about a month ago.

Thanks in advanced.

2. foogoo

foogoo Major "foogoo" Geek

my buddy said his DSL is in the tank now also & he read at dsl reports that his ISP has started sniffing traffic for DMCA violations. 1984?

3. adriskrayzee

adriskrayzee Private E-2

Ive been with this ISP for some years now, I know how they are (I live in Mexico, their customer service is incredibly retarded), I have a .5mbit cable connection.
    I dont need to run other tests, I am not new at this, I've had this package for a year now, I am a hardcore torrent user so I know I've always uploaded 15Kbytes/s (128kbits), I always complained about how slow it was. But now they change my upload speed to 56kbits meaning that I'm only uploading 5KBytes/s. It's outrageous, because now if I move too fast on Gunz Online I start lagging.

I did consider all the variables before coming to this conclusion, I know exactly how everything works, they are scamming me. They want me to pay for a more expensive package.

Don't take this the wrong way, I'm grateful for the help, but please consider only my initial query, which is "Does my PC keep logs about my Download/Upload activity?". That's all I Need to know. Thank you.

4. adriskrayzee

adriskrayzee Private E-2

Amazing tool. If I only had this last year. I guess I'll have to wait until they change the speed and claim that it's always been like that again.
    Thank you for the help.

5. PEBKAC

PEBKAC Private First Class

The short answer to the question is, "No." Depending upon how the Windows firewall is configured, that log may provide you with information on sources and destinations, but not speeds. It's probably not going to be possible for you to "go back in time" and determine what your speed previously was and compare it to what it is now--not based upon information currently available on your local computer.

6. adriskrayzee

adriskrayzee Private E-2

Thanks for the info.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds