low resolution screen

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by carmello2003, Mar 25, 2009.

1. carmello2003

carmello2003 Private First Class

I have 2 hard drive in my computer both with XP on them. I only use the one I am having problems with for storage and also in case I am having problems with my main drive. I booted to it today and my screen resolution is messed up. Kind of like safe mode but it DOESN"T say safe mode. I tried to adjust it by going to (right click) properties>Settings the best it will let me do is 800 by 600 4bit. if i keep at it a 100 times or so I can get it to go to 800 by 600 8bit. I have investagated a little and was told there may be a problem with my "BOOT.INI file" I have ziped that also, seem ok to me but what do I know.
    I also deleted my monitor from device manager. I rebooted. I get a window that says "Windows can fix your resolution click the balloon" I did this with no change. I ran norton and it came clean (Which it always does when I have problems. I hate it). Can you help me please? Inclosed is the Boot.ini file and the files from "Do this first" I also have a "flash10b.ocx error in IE I don't know if they are related.
    Thank You In Advanced
    Carmello

Attached Files:

2. chaslang

chaslang MajorGeeks Admin - Master Malware Expert Staff Member

These are not malware problems. I'm moving this thread to the Hardware Forum.

3. carmello2003

carmello2003 Private First Class

Thank You but I have already done that and the problem has been resolved, I didn't know how to delete this one.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds