Sound card advice needed.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by hrlow2, Mar 25, 2009.

1. hrlow2

hrlow2 MajorGeek

Machine is a Gateway E4100 (3.75 inches wide) micro tower.
    Onboard audio is gone.
    Need advice on a plugin audio card. Machine has PCI and AGP slots, although only one PCI is usable due to design and PSU.
    Because of the size of the box, any card must be low profile.
    Any suggestions?

2. PapaDuke

PapaDuke Master Sergeant

I don't think they make any AGP type sound cards.

I'd trust Creative cards the most. This one sounds best at the most affordable price.

Hope that helps!

3. hrlow2

hrlow2 MajorGeek

Would have to hacksaw off the end 1.5 ches at least to fit the enclosure.

4. PapaDuke

PapaDuke Master Sergeant

OK --- How 'bout this?

5. hrlow2

hrlow2 MajorGeek

Getting colder PapaDuke. The first one was better except for the bare metal tab sticking out where the mounting screw holds it to the chassis. Said I would have to hacksaw it off.

6. PapaDuke

PapaDuke Master Sergeant

The metal piece (bracket) is standard sized ---- no matter what you get. If your computer has open PCI ports, they WILL fit. The tab slips into the exposure slot. I thought the size you needed smaller was the actual card size, not the bracket.

7. hrlow2

hrlow2 MajorGeek

8. hrlow2

hrlow2 MajorGeek

Just tried and got message that page had moved. Sorry.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds