Overclocking OEM Systems - If You have AWARD Bios , Il Unlock For You!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by 1234s282, Mar 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 1234s282

1234s282 Private E-2

Hey Guys

Ignore Everyone Who Says You Cant Unlock OEM Bioses

BECAUSE YOU CAN!!

As long as you have an award bios. Please post your make and model of your system and a link to the bios version that you want unlcoking and il do it :D

OEMS lock out these options so they dont have to bother trying to solve everyones tech support questions when they mess around with their bios and break their computer. These options arent removed , just hidden. They can therefore be unlocked.

I have read other posts saying how you can flash standard retail bioses to OEM boards as long as they are equivalent but this is VERY VERY RISKY and should NOT be attempted.

This method is really safe , as its the original OEM file that they provide , just with extras unlocked! . However , it is not completely safe just like your average bios update and i wont accept any responsibility if you break your computer. The failure will probably be because of the general bios flash , not the file itself as the file is the OEM provided one. I dont change the OEM file , just unlock whats hidden.

So Post A Link To Your OEM Bios And Il Mod It And unlock Whatevers there!!

Maybe you can overclock your OEM board , the option might just be hidden away from you!!

2. Major Attitude

Major Attitude Co-Owner MajorGeeks.Com Staff Member

Lets see some links to trustworthy websites with that info, otherwise as a new member, your quite suspicious.

3. studiot

studiot MajorGeek

Dear MA,

Can we have a (smiley?) face for suspicious?

Then you can use it when I offer to cure your lumbago over the net.

:major

4. Major Attitude

Major Attitude Co-Owner MajorGeeks.Com Staff Member

5. augiedoggie

augiedoggie The Canadian Loon - LocoAugie (R.I.P. 2012)

LOL man, thanks for not pulling this thread MA so's we can all trash it!:-D I wonder what marketing genius thought of that one!:puke I really hope it wasn't a 'bot and they actually read this,:)

6. ACE 256

ACE 256 MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Overclocking Expe

Most users advanced enough to load a modded bios wont be running a locked motherboard to start with. Besides, overclocking in software is easier and safer then any bios mod. I also agree with MA, very suspicious. Tread lightly 1234s282.

7. 1234s282

1234s282 Private E-2

Well On Your own Heads So Be it

I Only Tried To Help You All

I Wont Be Coming Back Here Again!

8. studiot

studiot MajorGeek

Just rub that snake oil in 50 times a day man.

9. hrlow2

hrlow2 MajorGeek

I am so hurt.

10. iamsmart

iamsmart Private E-2

11. collinsl

collinsl MajorGeek

12. iamsmart

iamsmart Private E-2

what have i got to loose??

anyway, figured out that this bios is some AMI one and not award bios so he can't help any way:(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds