Information Request: SSL and IPSec VPN Appliances

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by PEBKAC, Mar 26, 2009.

1. PEBKAC

PEBKAC Private First Class

I'm in the process of looking for an appliance which can host both SSL VPN services and act as an IPSec VPN gateway (all-in-one). Aside from the Cisco ASA 5500 series, is anyone aware of any other products that can do this? The NetGear FVS336G looks like it does both, but only up to 25 IPSec tunnels and 10 simultaneous SSL VPN users--not exactly suitable for a large corporate environment. I found another product, the "BiGuard S10/S20" which supports SSL and IPSec but only up to 5 concurrent SSL VPN users and 30 IPSec tunnels. I'm looking for something that can host at least 500 SSL VPN users (preferably expandable to 1,000+ users) and 100+ IPSec tunnels. Juniper Networks makes very nice SSL VPN products, which I already have experience with, but doesn't have anything that incorporates IPSec capabilities into the same box. The SonicWall EX7000 looks like it will host up to 2,000 SSL VPN users but, again, does not appear to have the ability to act as an IPSec peer. Can anyone provide any recommendations, or comment on an appliance they may currently be using for this purpose?

Some of the things I'm looking for on the SSL VPN side:
    - Windows 32 and 64 bit support
    - MAC, Linux, and portable device support
    - Clientless (no client side install), if possible
    - AD integration for authentication (Support for two-factor authentication would be a plus)
    - RDP hosting and/or pass-through
    - Thorough access auditing--preferably with syslog capabilities
    - Web meeting capabilities would be a plus, but not a must
    - Support of file transfers (single files or in bulk)
    - Must restrict access to specific destinations on the internal network (not being a wide-open pipe)

Some of the applications that need to run through the SSL VPN piece are very graphics and network intensive.

Thanks for taking the time to read my post!

2. PEBKAC

PEBKAC Private First Class

*Nudge*

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds