Haunted Scanner

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by sobeit, Mar 26, 2009.

1. sobeit

sobeit Staff Sergeant

Hi all.
    I have had a few problems with BSODS.
    I think it may be driver error according to the codes.
    One thing that i want to eliminate is the strange way my scanner is acting.
    It is a Cannon Lide 30.
    It does't start at boot up, it starts when i open things like my computer or Nero??
    Anyone know what goes on and what i do to stop these strange happenings?
    Cheers.

2. augiedoggie

augiedoggie The Canadian Loon - LocoAugie (R.I.P. 2012)

Well, reinstall the drivers first and if that doesn't work , then you might have a HW issue and we'll go from there.

3. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

What happens if you start up the PC with the scanner unplugged from the PC? If you still have problems with it unplugged, uninstall the drivers as suggested above by AD and see if that helps. If things stabilize with the scanner unplugged/uninstalled, then we know where the problem lies. Posting the BSOD error codes/messages would help us help you pinpoint the issue.
    :-D

4. sobeit

sobeit Staff Sergeant

Thanks both.
    I shall try the reinstall of drivers.
    The problem with 'unplugging and see what happens' is that one day there may be a BSOD, the next there isn't one.
    It has even gone a week or so without one so it could take a while!.
    Below is one code, another was an F code

STOP: 0x0000000A (0x00000166, 0x00000002, 0x00000000, 0x804E5433) with a Driver_IRQL message at the top of the page.
    I've googled them and checked the Microsoft pages but it's just general stuff and 'possibilities'.

5. sobeit

sobeit Staff Sergeant

Here is another that happened today during a file conversion and burn with Nero.
    STOP: 0x0000000D1 ( 0x8797F958, 0x00000002, 0x00000000, 0xF7877B51 )

Never had this bit before,
    NVNRM. SYS-Address F7877B51 base at F786F000, Datestamp 40a927fa

6. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

Your last error has to do with nvidia so it is a video card driver that caused that.

7. sobeit

sobeit Staff Sergeant

Hmmmmm, i feel a format coming on..................:cry

8. sobeit

sobeit Staff Sergeant

Well, i have since ran regcure, it found 720 odd problems, it fixed them, i opened my computer and Nero, the scanner did not suddenly start, i have been able to burn a dvd using Nero without a BSOD.
    I shall leave it on over night and see what happens.

9. sobeit

sobeit Staff Sergeant

That didn't work then.
    I have had yet another.
    STOP: 0x0000008E ( 0x0000001D, 0x80501066, 0xF7BCAD74, 0x00000000 )

That is at least 5 different error codes.
    What exactly are they for and how the hell do you find out what each one means?
    Having so many, does that mean my motherboard is dying?
    Is there a util that will check my components for health problems?
    Cheers.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds