disabling wireless network

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by catwilson53, Mar 27, 2009.

1. catwilson53

catwilson53 Private E-2

I have currently accepted an on line call centre job, and have had to do a Belarc test to see if my computer is up to specs. It came back as failed because it shows a wireless network in place. I do have a cable connection, and have never had wireless, and I am not sure why it shows as such. I went in to control panel, network connections and disabled it, but when I resubmitted the Belarc, it still failed for the same reason. I was told to go into the bios and disable there; although I am fairly proficient on the computer, this is beyond my comfort zone. Thanks to anyone who can give me any suggestions.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2009
  2. lbmest

lbmest MajorGeek

Welcome to MGs catwilson53.
    You could also go into Device Manager, right click on the wireless adapter and choose disable.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds