need help slow computer...

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Jaded_Angel_4_Life, Mar 27, 2009.

1. Jaded_Angel_4_Life

Jaded_Angel_4_Life Private E-2

my computer crashed ...put it in shop asked for more memory he put in 256? mb he put AVG free 8.5 and malwarebytes anti-malware...I have ccleaner and spybot....my computer is running really slow ...I asked for more memory and he told me my computer kept rejecting it..even though he put extra memory...he says I need an upgrade which is 400oo I'm running an e-machine ..windows xp...I need to know if I should buy a new computer or fight this one.....I will either way...hammer or keyboard...:-D

2. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

What model of eMachines? I will check at www.crucial.com to see the maximum amount of memory you can use and also the type of memory it requires.

3. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

We need more info.... and we need better sentence structure LOL It's kind of hard to figure out what you're saying, but from what I can tell, this is it:
    The PC crashed. It's an Emachine. You took it to a PC repair shop. He installed 256mb of addidtional memory, but your PC is still slow. You wanted the PC guy to install more memory, but he said the PC would not accept more, or was not recognizing more memory. He now says you need to pay $400.00 for some type of upgrade.
    Right?
    For $400.00 you could buy a new PC. This could be the 'upgrade' the PC shop is referring to. Maybe he's offering a new motherboard, CPU, and memory (plus labor of course). This could easily cost $400.00 or more, and would be like having a new PC in your old EMachine case. However, since you were very vague and ambiguous and VERY light on details, all of this is speculation on my part.
    :-D

[dlb]
    :major

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds