broadband

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by tonyhale, Mar 29, 2009.

1. tonyhale

tonyhale Lounge Lizard No.2

conection, not! :cry keep having to repair the conection every time I switch on help!!

2. ITgirl

ITgirl Private E-2

Hi,

I would suggest you check the ip address of your PC. You can do this by clicking on Start --> Run --> type cmd and at the command prompt type ipconfig /all. Have a look at the list of adapters that are described. Your PC migth have an Ethernet adapter as well as a wireless adapter. Make a note of the ip address of the adapter you use to connect to your broadband router/modem. Here you can see if DHCP is enabled on the adapter. Assuming you are on Windows XP : I would suggest that you configure the DHCP service to run automatically on your PC by opening services.msc and scrolling down the list to DHCP Client and double click on the service. Select the startup type on the General tab to run DHCP automatically. Another alternative is to assign a static ip address to the PC and then you don't need DHCP.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds