recovering lost files

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by krn, Mar 30, 2009.

1. krn

krn Private E-2

i deleted a file, i downloaded undelete plus but when i tried to scan my c drive i kept getting an error "cannot load MFT"

this is my log:
    Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
    Scan saved at 8:52:22 PM, on 30/03/2009
    Platform: Windows XP SP3 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
    MSIE: Internet Explorer v7.00 (7.00.6000.16791)
    Boot mode: Normal

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 30, 2009
  2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

What file did you delete, was it as system file or a personal file? as hijackthis log wont help with recovering files, its more a browser hijacker/malware scan.

Does your PC boot ok to windows and its just this Undelete Plus thats showing this message?

What you could try is Recuva and try and see if it recovers this file, but you will need to have a seperate Hard Drive or USB pen or CDRW/DVDRW to direct the recovered files to as recovering to the host drive is likely to overwrite the files your wanting to recover.

Also the more you have used this drive to save data to the less likely you are to recover files.

3. krn

krn Private E-2

it was a personal file but i also dled 3 more of recovery programs but none of the fail to scan my c drive, and i dled recuva fails to scan c drive aswel

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds