HD problem

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Xcom46, Mar 31, 2009.

1. Xcom46

Xcom46 Guest

ok i am going to try and explain as easy as i can.

Ok first is i have a 160Gb drive and a 320 drive i was able to fix my 160gb hd and for now till i get it fixed i have a 20gb drive just for a Temp i whant to install Windows Xp back on to my 160gb.The 160 in the first drive that had Xp on it i try to install it but when i try to re-install xp it get's stuck at (Drive.Cab) and it will not go any ferther.my 20gb is fine for now but i need some thing bigger.I would like to re-install Xp on my 160.is there any way i can transfer all files and the windows to my to my 160 from my 20.

i would like some help on this.

Ps:i have been messing with this for three days now:cry

2. Major Attitude

Major Attitude Co-Owner MajorGeeks.Com Staff Member

Hi, if you could use some periods it might be easier to follow, however if I understand you correctly, you want to move XP from a small drive to another. Basicaly, you need to make an image of the drive with XP on it, then extract that image to the other drive. Finally, rearrange the jumpers so that the large drive is now primary, if needed. I am not sure what your experience level is, so HDClone might do it for you

http://www.majorgeeks.com/HDClone_Free_Edition_d3809.html

You are trying to copy locked files that are in use, which explains the error you are getting. You might try safe mode to do a simple copy, but doubt it will help. I love drive image idea personally, it works wonders for me and Majorgeeks test machines.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds