Connected, Not connected, Connected, Not.....

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by lauritize, Mar 31, 2009.

1. lauritize

lauritize Private E-2

Heyya all, I looked for a thread with my issue, didn't find. If missed, my apologies for repeating.

I am loosing my mind with this seemingly small issue.. Home network, 2 wired desktops, two wireless laptops. When three are on and connected we have a rockin network. Speedy, happy and we can internet til the cows come home. However, the daughters wireless laptop is the devil. If she touches anything or even looks at the machine wrong, it disconnects the other machines from the network for just a second or long enough to get the "web page cannot be displayed". Clicking the send button to sent a message disconnects the rest of us. Going to another page disconnects us. Once she is on a page, as long as she is just looking, all is good.

Please, for the love of all that is holy...please help me. Oh yea, she is also booting herself for that split second.

D-link router with Network Magic.

Many many thanks.

2. NEOKing

NEOKing Private E-2

Try setting static IP's for all the machines.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds