New Benq E2200HD flickers/flashes with my GeForce 7950GT

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Tomgi, Mar 31, 2009.

1. Tomgi

Tomgi Private E-2

Hello,

I have just bought a new Benq E2200HD monitor after reading lots of good stuff about it. Unfortunately the screen flickers/flashes and nothing I do can fix it. Installed the monitor drivers, updated the graphic card drivers, nothing. So I hooked it up to my old computer and it worked like a charm. No flickering/flashing, nothing. So at least I have established it's not my new monitor but the graphics card which is sort of nice I guess. I just can't figure out what to do to fix it. I should also mention that my graphics card on the computer with the problem doesn't have a D-SUB connector so I'm using a DVI to D-SUB converter since I didn't get a DVI cable with the monitor. I used the same converter with my old CRT monitor without problems. I don't have a DVI cable to test with or I would have done that already. Any help would be appreciated.

New computer with the problems:

CPU: Intel E8400 @ 3.00 GHz
    Motherboard: Gigabyte P35C-DS3R
    Memory: 2 x Corsair XMS DDR2 1024MB EPP
    Graphics: Nvidia 7950GT 512MB
    Primary Harddrive: Samsung HD103UJ 1000GB. 7200 rpm, SATA-II

Old computer with no problems:

CPU: AMD Athlon XP, 1500 Mhz
    Motherboard: Epox EP-8RDA3+
    Memory: 1 x Corsair CMX512-3200C2 512MB, 1 x Kingston K 512 MB
    Graphics: ATI Radeon 9600 XT 256 MB
    Primary Harddrive: Seagate Barracuda 120 GB SATA

2. Tomgi

Tomgi Private E-2

Problem solved. I went downtown and bought a DVI-D cable and the flickering/flashing is gone.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds