VMWare/Ubuntu PCTools Connectivity issue

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by augiedoggie, Apr 2, 2009.

1. augiedoggie

augiedoggie The Canadian Loon - LocoAugie (R.I.P. 2012)

I can't connect anymore after installing PCTools. I will try to dispense as much info as concisely as possible.;)

Things I have tried:

Added all VMWare entries into PCTools for 'full access'
    Killed PCTools
    Uninstalled PCTools
    Uninstalled VMware and deleted all including license key and all existing folders from C:\Virtual Machines and Program Files
    Reinstalled VMWare but this time it didn't ask for license key (this might be the problem, hidden partition?):confused
    Re-loaded Ubuntu from CD as a client, same issue with the connectivity.

Any hints out there of where to look or what to try? This is only cramping my folding points production so it's not urgent, I'm just trying to figure this out so's I can learn and I'm not interested in a format, not yet anyways.:cry VMWare's help has not been helpful to this networking noob.

Uhm, specs in sig and running Vista Ult. Ask for any additional info which I'll happily supply.:) TIA

2. augiedoggie

augiedoggie The Canadian Loon - LocoAugie (R.I.P. 2012)

SUCCESS!!![​IMG] Took me a while to find and get rid of every trace of VMWare and .vmx files along with registry entries that I found manually, the find option did not find the 4 or so entries that were there.

Only thing I was missing was the VMWare Authorization Service which I had no request from PCTools the last couple of times I reinstalled VM.:confused

I hope this helps someone else as I was [​IMG]: for some two days on this! Thanks to everyone who read the post.[​IMG] I'm merrily SMP folding away now! ^.^ :cool

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds