Limited or No connectivity

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by keaton211, Apr 3, 2009.

1. keaton211

keaton211 Private E-2

Hi, this is my first post...and I hope you guys can help me out!

I'm using Dell D620 laptop along w/ Linksys wireless router. My laptop lost wireless connection a few hours ago, and since then, it keeps saying "limited or no connectivity" error message when I boot it up. Currently, I'm online via LAN cable.

Going through google searches, I have tried:
    1. WinsockxpFix
    2. resetting my router, turning off
    3. Microsoft patch (KB884020) - it says mine is newer, so it doesn't need any update
    4. uncheck limited or no connectivity box

I have no idea how to fix this issue now. I had it last night as well but it naturally got fixed after I kept rebooting many times and turning on/off the wireless switch.

I don't know if this was because of this but....I recently had infostealer.gampass virus, went through the cleaning up processes here, but somehow ntldr file got deleted, and followed these steps (http://www.tinyempire.com/shortnotes/files/ntldr_missing.htm).

Now, it seemed like working fine but now this.

Please help!

thanks

2. keaton211

keaton211 Private E-2

and also...I'm having this issue of:

when I boot up my laptop, it quite frequently goes to the black screen where asking me to start windows normally, or last good configuration, safemode...etc. I chose start windows normally, and then goes back to the same screen (same to last good configuration), I do this a several times, and windows gets started normally...

3. NEOKing

NEOKing Private E-2

disable and enable the device under device manager if that doesn't work try reinstalling the wireless device drivers.

http://support.dell.com

4. Behemoth8186

Behemoth8186 Private E-2

I would agree - disable/enable the device, also I have been successful with a system restore on this same issue with my inspiron laptop. Maybe try to restore it to before the virus issue?

5. keaton211

keaton211 Private E-2

do you have any idea why the device manager freezes (not responding) when I try to disable wiress?

6. keaton211

keaton211 Private E-2

I got to the point where I could disable/enable the device - no change.

I tried to uninstall the driver, and it keeps saying "failed" to uninstall.

I used the "repair" option on the support tab, and it keeps saying "could not renew IP address".

Do I have any other options...other than reformatting my laptop....?

7. collinsl

collinsl MajorGeek

Restart the router. If this dosen't work, then can you reset the router to factory default settings and reconfigure it?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds