hdd ?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by clamup1, Apr 4, 2009.

1. clamup1

clamup1 Private E-2

i want to use one of my comps to format hdds. when i stick the hdd in my comp to format it runs the win me on the to be formated hdd. my ? is in what order do i hook up the hdds to format the one and run my original os?

or do i have to do it through ms dos. where do you download ms dos?

i hope i made sense

2. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

If the hard drive you put in boots up, then it is set as master or on the wrong connector on the ribbon cable. You need to change the jumper so it is set as slave or change where you plugged the drive into the ribbon cable.

MS DOS is not downloadable. It is owned by Microsoft and none of their OSes are freely downloadable.

Here is FreeDOS http://www.freedos.org/

3. collinsl

collinsl MajorGeek

If you press F12 (normally) just after you turn the computer on, then you should be able to choose the hard drive to boot from.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds