USB Optical Mouse Malfunctioning

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by webpro75, Apr 5, 2009.

1. webpro75

webpro75 Private E-2

I have had several issues with my mouse. The most irritating one is that when I single click on ie it opens two pages. It also goes back two pages when I click the back button. It also has a problem highlighting words and sentences. It jumps all over the place when I try to do so. I have tried to uninstall and reinstall the drivers and I have also decreased the double click speed as slow as it can go. The mouse is an AOpen 0-75b. Anyone please help.

2. collinsl

collinsl MajorGeek

It may be better in this situation just to buy another cheap mouse, rather than trying to find a probably untraceable problem.

3. BILLMCC66

BILLMCC66 Bionic Belgian

A silly thing but i had a similar problem and it was just a small piece fluff in the hole for the lens.

4. jlphlp

jlphlp Master Sergeant

Hi Web,

Collings is correct. Your mouse has a defective switch in the left click position. The contacts are bounceing. Sometimes isopropyl alky injected into the switch will fix it but, it's not worth the trouble. Get another mouse.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds