Downgrading HP m8330f to XP

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by tekgeek, Apr 5, 2009.

1. tekgeek

tekgeek Private E-2

Hey all,

Wicked site!! I am in a bit of a bind. I just formatted and installed XP on my HP m8330f media center. Now a bunch of stuff is not working (assume that i am missing drivers), with the most important being Internet.

I have a asus m2n68-la motherboard, I also checked the NIC name using EVERSET. It says nVIDIA nForce 6100-400/405/420/430 - LAN Controller (PHY: Realtek RTL8201CL/CP)

I need to know what drivers to get for everything (sound/internet/video/etc..). I went to the nVIDEA site but was quite confused as to what exactly I needed.

ANy help you guys can provide we be awesome.

2. tekgeek

tekgeek Private E-2

Bump,

I had a really bad virus on my computer (Virut) which esentially left it useless.. I now have XP on and was hoping sombody could point me in the righ direction for drivers mentioned above... Anyone?

3. augiedoggie

augiedoggie The Canadian Loon - LocoAugie (R.I.P. 2012)

Check HP's site, if they're not there you'll have to watch the Vista from your Window.:) It's a good OS, really.

4. tekgeek

tekgeek Private E-2

Thnx, unfortunately I do not have the backup discs.. Big mistake on my part. So I don't have a copy of Vista, and I am not really willing to pay HP (if they even have it in stock) for backup discs..

That leaves me with my copy of XP and missing drivers :-o...

5. augiedoggie

augiedoggie The Canadian Loon - LocoAugie (R.I.P. 2012)

Ya well, expensive doorstop then eh? I believe it's less than $20 shipped.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds