Malware Super Sleuth
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Spying on 221b Baker St.
Thanked 491 Times in 474 Posts
Welcome to MajorGeeks!
Please follow the instructions in the READ & RUN ME FIRST link given futher down and attach the requested logs when you finish these instructions.
Originally Posted by archangelous
... so what should be my first course of action to start removal.
READ & RUN ME FIRST. Malware Removal Guide
- If you have problems where no tools seem to run, please try following the steps given in the below and then continue on no matter what you find. You only need to try the TDSSserv steps if having problems getting scans in the Read & Run Me First. If TDSSserv is not found, just continue on with the READ & RUN ME.
- If something does not run, write down the info to explain to us later but keep on going.
- Do not assume that because one step does not work that they all will not.
- After completing the READ & RUN ME and attaching your logs, make sure that you tell us what problems still remain ( if any still do )!
- If you run into problems trying to run the READ & RUN ME or any of the scans in normal boot mode, you can run the steps in safe boot mode but make sure you tell us what you did later when you post logs. See the below if you do not know how to boot in safe mode:
- If you have problems downloading on the problem PC, download the tools and the manual updates for SUPERAntiSpyware, Malwarebytes and Spybot ( links are given in the READ & RUN ME) onto another PC and then burn to a CD. Then copy them to the problem PC. You will have to skip getting updates if (and only if) your internet connection does not work. Yes you could use a flash drive too but flash drives are writeable and infections can spread to them.
- If you cannot seem to login to an infected user account, try using a different user account (if you have one) in either normal or safe boot mode and running only SUPERAntiSpyware and Malwarebytes while logged into this other user account. Then reboot and see if you can log into the problem user account. If you can then run SUPERAntiSpyware, Malwarebytes, ComboFix and MGtools on the infected account as requested in the instructions.
- To avoid additional delay in getting a response, it is strongly advised that after completing the READ & RUN ME you also read this sticky:
Any additional post is a bump which will add more delay. Once you attach the logs, your thread will be in the work queue and as stated our system works the oldest threads FIRST.
"Education never ends, Watson.... It is a series of lessons, with the greatest for the last."
Free malware removal from MajorGeeks