why not cannibalize an old mini fridge? or a very small air conditioner?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by qx_nerdtronic, Jul 28, 2003.

1. qx_nerdtronic

qx_nerdtronic Private E-2

this would definitely keep the processor cool. very cool. like, if you turn it up, the pipes will ice cool. just run the thing real slow, and with no fan on the radiator, just the compressor running on a soft start setup, so as not to suck power away from the computer. then you just make the cooling head out of a piece of aluminum that allows the refridgerant to flow from one corner to the opposite corner, but not explode from the pressure. oh, and it needs to run slow, so water doesn't condense on the components. that would suck.

2. SwatShark

SwatShark Captain Cuffs

It's been done already. I saw the pictures about a year ago on.........um............another site :eek: Looked pretty neat, just not for me.

3. DinoRoberts

DinoRoberts Private E-2

hey swat, do you remember the site, I'd like to see that mod

4. SwatShark

SwatShark Captain Cuffs

I can't find it. I've looked through all of my old bookmarks and searched until I was cross eyed. I just can't locate it. I remember seeing it about a year ago though.

5. fleppen

fleppen Gumshoe

Asetek makes em...

6. Beast_USA

Beast_USA Private E-2

Tried running my water thru small office frig kept it cool....But when it sat all night...vrooooom nice and cool...all happy until I looked thru the side window....OH NO water .......condensation everywhere:(

7. qx_nerdtronic

see my new thread for a better idea that would eliminate condensation problems

8. Beast_USA

Beast_USA Private E-2

Where???

9. qx_nerdtronic

it was here earlier!!! where'd it go????

10. Beast_USA

Beast_USA Private E-2

Can you find or re-post?

I have that frig just waiting.:D

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds