Errors after installing HP Deskjet F4200 Software

Discussion in 'Software' started by Brent Nelson, Aug 2, 2009.

1. Brent Nelson

Brent Nelson Private E-2

I recently purchased a new HP Deskjet F4240 all-In-one printer. I installed the printer and software and everytime I try to print, it says that "program" has encountered a problem and needs to close. It does not matter which program I try to print from, notebook, word, excel, adobe, HP toolbox, etc. if gives me this error and closes the program. I tried to get to the properties of the printer to try and delete it and I get this error message; Function address 0x500a0490 caused a protection fault. (exception code 0xc0000005) Some or all property pages(s) may not be displayed.

HP says it is a Microsoft issue, Microsoft doesn't have a fix for it, does anyone have any ideas?

2. Agent.Neo

Agent.Neo Private E-2

I have the same EXACT problem! Mine is an HP Deskjet F4280 All-In-One and I get the same shit, too. I was on the customer service hotline for THREE hours yesterday and they ended up just giving up, basically. Told me they were "stumped."

Please let me know if you find a fix though, okay?

3. Caliban

Caliban I don't need no steenkin' title!

I've worked on several of the F4xxx-series printers, and have often had to visit the HP site for updated drivers...it seems that the package on the installation CD does not conform well with various Service Pack-updated Windows machines...

4. Brent Nelson

Brent Nelson Private E-2

I have given up on this printer. I have never been able to print off of it. I have spent hours on end, many different days, on the phone with HP tech support. They have no clue what the deal is, but seem very unwilling to accept that the printer is a piece of crap. Tried every version of operating software with it and still nothing. I am going to buy a new one and move on. I'm passed being pissed off. Time to move on.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds